Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 566>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2015 at 18:24

Well, turned out okay in the end. It did sort of follow yesterday but dragged its heels a bit, the cloud hanging around a bit longer but, by early afternoon it had completely gone and left us the more usual clear blue skies.

IPMA forecast 28 for today, we made that at 1.00pm (the same time as yesterday for passing IPMA’s 27 forecast for that day, perhaps that’s what they’re forecasting, the 1.00pm temperature?), but then the breeze came and slowed the climb a little. The breeze has increased through the afternoon and changed direction at about 4.00pm. Then coming from the South, ie. an on shore breeze, this moved the temp on a bit and at 6.00pm it was at a very acceptable 32.

So IPMA were 5 degree’s short yesterday and 4 short today!

Tomorrow they forecast 30, so let’s see. The current breeze is easing and becoming intermittent, so not a clue what this evening will be like!

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2015 at 08:52
No cloud here abouts this morning, but there is out to sea.
Intermittent swirling breeze, seem's quite odd the way it's swirling around and doesn't seem to be coming from any predominant direction.
Quite cool at just 21 at 8.30 this morn, it stayed warm through the night until about 5.00am when it dipped quite quickly.
IPMA have revised their forecast for today to 29, I suspect it will be into low thirties though if the cloud stays away. A day for walking the beach me thinks!
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2015 at 17:14
Been a lovely day but the mercury hasn't risen above 27 all day.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2015 at 19:13
It has here Dicey! (But later than you posted).
Yes, a lovely day, nothing but blue skies as the cloud stayed away, there was a mist way out to sea though, the breeze calmed down but hung around most of the day, at 5.00pm we had 28.5 degree's, someone (as before) turned the fan off and we instantly had no breeze at all and at 6.30 we made 31 degree's, and that, without any breeze, was hot!
Just for information, our theremometer is out back, under cover, in shade and the Vale Parra chemist, about 150metres away, is always with-in half a degree of our thermometer, sometimes up, sometimes down, but that gives me confidence the figures I'm reporting are pretty much there or there abouts. (The reading in the car is often higher but I don't think they are reliable and never use those, or if I mention them then I qualify it is from the car!)
All that said, a glorious day!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2015 at 08:54
Well, for the first time in two weeks the aircraft going into Faro are approaching from the West, that tells us the wind direction has changed but you wouldn't know it here, there is no wind or breeze at all, it's dead still and being Sunday, very quiet, we can hear the waves again from Salgados and Gale beaches.
Not a cloud in the sky and already 25 degree's, all pointing to a very hot day.
IPMA say only 29, I think it'll be several degree's above that and likely scorchio!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2015 at 18:46

Absolutley August Algarve weather!

We passed IPMA's forecast high mid morning! We left here at 2.00pm to go watch the footy with some a.com known persons and it was 32 degree's, our thermometer and the chemists (the car said 38.5 but soon calmed down a bit!) both reading the same.
We returned at 6.00pm and again both the chemist and us were showing 33.5 degree's and with humidity at 65% it was and is, hot. Very, very hot.
Another glorious day, no other word for it, glorious. Long may it continue, this is the Algarve in August.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2015 at 06:33
Off to play golf this morning.
It's currently dull & cloudy with a slight breeze from the South East.
Temperature at 6.30 is 22 but it's very humid (87%).

We've even got a for this morning on the IPMA 10 day forecast.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2015 at 08:58
It stayed quite warm through the night, at 10.30 last night the chemist said it was still 29!
We do currently  have hazy cloud overhead and a slight breeze but it's aready 25 so IPMA's 28 is already, again, looking suspect as the sun is poking through and I'd be quite confident it will burn this off, I'll be very surprised if we don't make 30+ again later this afternoon.
Actually, these are probably very nice conditions for Dicey and all other golfers to be golfing in.
Andrew
john2604smith View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2015 at 10:11
" at 10.30 last night the chemist said it was still 29"  

Blimey that bloke works late and in a Sunday !!  Wink
ownersdirect P3708
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2015 at 16:44
Quite a thick mist rolled in off the sea this afternoon at various intervals.
Normal service has now resumed - blue skies again and 26 degrees

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2015 at 19:09

Yes and no!

The ‘clag’ got the better of the sun through the morning and the cloud actually thickened, though it was warm and pleasant enough, then at  1.00pm, just as we reached IPMA’s forecast high of the day of 28, the sun won over and broke through quickly seeing off the clag to give us blue skies with the more acceptable fluffy white clouds, by 3.30 we reached the heady heights of 29!

Then, just before four, how interesting. We are just under a kilometre off the coast and a sea mist moved in, it came about 300 to 400 metres in land so about half way to us. What a scenario, we are sitting in our nothings in glorious sunshine and a few hundred metres away we could see this mist, the breeze brought much cooler air from it and took two degree’s from us in as many minutes, ten minutes later, gone, and back to normal and we actually made 30 degrees at 4.30pm, that was as high as it got.

4.55pm, exact repeat performance of the sea mist visit. All most interesting, see pic below.

Anyway, we’re back to Blighty tomorrow for three weeks, so from me, on the weather reporting front, it’s over and out, cheers for now.

Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2015 at 20:47
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

Anyway, we’re back to Blighty tomorrow for three weeks, so from me, on the weather reporting front, it’s over and out, cheers for now.

Us too but for 6 weeks - just enough time to get the lawn back into shape.
10am flight to Southend so a nice early start - Yellowfish coming at 7.15am.
Won't be home until the back of 6pm though so a bit of a long day.
Back on the 15th September when hopefully most of the "grockles" will have gone home Wink

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2015 at 16:47
Ouch Dicey!
We had a 10.10am flight to Birmingham and left home at 8.20am to be back here, UK home, for 2.10pm, so less than 6 hours door to door.
Monarch taking off on time and landing 15 mins early does help though.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2015 at 19:28
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

Ouch Dicey!
We had a 10.10am flight to Birmingham and left home at 8.20am to be back here, UK home, for 2.10pm, so less than 6 hours door to door.
Monarch taking off on time and landing 15 mins early does help though.

Living out here in the sticks has it's advantages & it's disadvantages
Just about the only disadvantage is that there is no airport that flies to Faro within 3 hours. Then we choose to tavel by train because it saves a shed load of dosh versus petrol & a car park for 5 weeks - like £20 versus £200.
Therefore we don't mind as it's only a few days a year.
Anyway, everything went well - no queues at security or passport control, flight (loads of empty seats BTW) took off on time, got back to Southend in time to catch an earlier train than planned so got home an hour earlier than expected.
Feels bloody chilly though.

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2015 at 09:07
Just seen that IPMA are forecasting 36 degree's today, having seen them consistently under call it over the past two weeks, ie. it's therefore likely to be hotter than that, I just wanted to say, be careful out there, plenty shade and sun cream and... good luck! That's darn hot!
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 566>
  Share Topic