FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327328329 566>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2015 at 09:48
IPMA website. Is it me or is it broken?
It's just code when I go to it via favourites and same via web search so I don't think it's just my 'puter?
Andrew
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2015 at 09:55
Working ok for me.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2015 at 10:45
The IPMA website does have a little flutter every now and then when it's busy.

It's hot today, already 29.7 at 1040am. This is expected to rise to 31 later, much hotter inland where it's going to hit 38 today. You'd think the sky will be blue, but it's actually quite hazy out to sea which I hope is not the dust on it's way from the Sahara.

Tonight a nice 22C, tomorrow we are going to have 35C (95F) , Sunday the same, thanks to coastal breezes. In Beja etc 100 miles north of here the forecast is for 44C!!!

All next week is expected to be in the low to mid 30's. This is 6 or 7C higher than the average for the time of year.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2015 at 09:49
UPDATE 1845HRS

Temperature briefly hit 35C at around 1130am, then when the wind picked up it dropped a tad to 33. At 1845hrs it is still 33.4C. I am getting the winter woolies out in case it gets cold tonight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday afternoon it was 31.2C at 6pm when I got back home after a couple of hours in the cinema.

The temperature is rising rapidly. Half an hour or so ago it was 29.9C, now at 0950 my thermometer says 31.5C. Humidity 23% so if there's any wind you won't need to use a hair dryer today.

There's only a little wind at the moment and skies are blue, of course.

Toady's top temperature will be around 35C here along the coast (that's 95F) but even a few miles inland away from the breeze it is will hotter. The Alentejo is going to be 40 to 42C at least.

It will be warm again tonight, 24 or 25C here warmer inland.

The next few days will be more or less the same, with daytime temperatures 30 - 35C, night-times low 20's, possibly a touch cooler in the middle of next week in stronger winds.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2015 at 11:52
'ot, but not as 'ot as yesterday.

Temperature at 1145am is 32.6C, blue skies and a bit of a breeze.

That's about as hot as it will get today. Tonight will be fairly warm at around 25C,

Things will return to more normal numbers for June after today, temperatures only around 27C daytime, night-time 20 or 21. But only for a little while. The outlook for the end of the week is back into the mid to high 30's once more.
Albufeira Resident

cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2015 at 15:38
Arrived at Faro at 11;30 this morning and its the first time I can remember a morning arrival in Portugal where the heat has hit you when the plane doors opened.
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2015 at 11:52
It's not as hot as yesterday, 29.5C at 1145am but rather more humid. Skies are blue overhead but it is rather murky out to sea. Not sure if that is dust or fog. There is a  light breeze.

The official forecast has a maximum today of 27 along the coast but much hotter inland away from the sea breezes.

It might be a bit cold tonight, down as low as 21C on the coast.

The next couple of days might be a little cloudy but temperatures still in the high 20's, about the normal for the time of year. Further ahead, the predictions are for another few days of very hot weather, back up to 38C by the weekend perhaps.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2015 at 10:34
It's very cloudy this morning, no sunshine and it's not very warm. Temperature at 1030am is a chilly 25.1C, it's quite windy with clouds scudding across the sky.

It will stay cloudy and won't be more than about 27C today. Temperature will again drop to 21 or 22C tonight.

It looks like being the same tomorrow, but Thursday should be a nicer day with 29C expected. Then things are supposed to be hotting up again and low 30's over the weekend, possibly as high as 40C early next week.

Albufeira Resident

pjn1978 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2015 at 10:29
Seems the weather has come to London its really hot and sunny here today and the high is expected to be 35+ with a feel like temprature of 45. Already put the sunblock on and sent the kids to School with it too Smile it is Currently 27c at 10:30
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2015 at 11:21
Same temperature here at 11.18am, my thermometer has just clicked over to 27C. It's quite humid as well.  There's a nice breeze coming through the window and mostly blue sky, some some high scattered clouds.

It won't be much warmer later, at least not here on the coast. It will be a tad warmer a few miles inland.

We are expecting a cold night, as low as 18C.

Temperatures will slowly rise day by day as we head towards the weekend. From Saturday onwards we will see temperatures in the 31 - 34 range in the daytime, 18 - 22 at night.

No the slightest chance of any rain. The little baa-lambs are eating straw.

Albufeira Resident

Seven View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2015 at 11:46
Weather nerds might like this web page showing wind models and a host of other metrics, it entertains me for hours :)

I've put the URL in a code box for those who don't like hotlinks so you'll need to copy & paste it into your browser address bar.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/overlay=temp/orthographic=-6.89,39.09,1821

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2015 at 11:15
It was quite nippy last night (or early this morning) and very windy as I trudged home after watching the England Women's unfortunate demise.

But it's nice and sunny this morning, tempeaature at 1115am is 27.3C also nowhere near as humid as yesterday and the day before.

Sky is blue, not a cloud to be seen.

Tomorrow will be a nice sunny day, Saturday sees the start of another few hot days with temperatures rising above 30C.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2015 at 10:50
Bright and sunny again this morning after a fairly windy evening and night.

Temperature at 1045am is 28.2C, the air is fairly still this morning. Today's official forecast is for 28C, so that's ok for now but it will get a bit warmer.

I'm expecting tonight to be around 19 or 20C, quite comfortable as it's not at all humid with the wind, such as it is, coming from the north.

It looks like being a hot and sunny weekend, temperatures of 30 or 31. Next week things will warm up further, with a north wind bringing hot air from inland and taking temperatures into the mid 30's.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2015 at 10:48
Pretty warm again this morning after a cool and windy night. Temperature at 1045am is 28.0C, skies are blue. There is barely any wind.

Forecast for today is 30C, staying nice. Cool again tonight, 19 or 20C at best.

Tomorrow might be a little warmer but with some cloud, Monday a sunny day with 30C.

The outlook for the week is unbroken sunshine, temperatures in the low 30's and only light winds. Night-times will be fairly pleasant with temperatures falling to 20C ish.

I have been aware of a few more mosquitoes this last few days, mostly small one but one rather large one had to be shot down yesterday evening.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/July/2015 at 10:59
Hotter than yesterday at the same time. Temperature at 1055am is 29.7C, blue sky etc.

Forecast for later is 32c (90F) with the wind picking up in the evening as it usually does. It's still the fairly dry air from the north. Tonight will be down to22C, then all next week is going to be sunny skies and low 30's in the daytime, 20 - 222 at night along the coast, slightly warmer inland and out of the wind.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327328329 566>
  Share Topic