Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 422423424425426 566>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2018 at 10:38
A layer of high cloud is blocking the sun, there is a bit of a breeze but not too bad overall. Temperature at 1035am is 15.4ºC, this could even hit 20ºC later if the sun breaks through. There is some rain in Spain, a long way away and it looks like staying dry today.

It will be cold tonight, as low as 6ºC in some places.

The wind is changing to come from the north rather than east, so tomorrow is going to be colder and Friday colder still, down to 14ºC perhaps in the daytime, 7ºC at night.  It will stay cold and dry through the weekend and probably so until the middle of next week.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2018 at 09:31
It's been a dull and grey start to the day, but the high cloud is starting to break up. Temperature at 0925am is 11.9ºC and it is quite windy, making it feel colder.

It's going to remain cloudy and windy, although the temperature could rise to 18ºC if we get a decent bit of sun. It will stay dry.

Tonight will fall to between 7 and 9ºC.

Tomorrow will be colder still, 15ºC daytime, 7 or 8 at night, Saturday even colder at night as the north wind blows. This cold dry weather is set to be with us until the middle of next week at least.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2018 at 09:58
Having just arrived on Tuesday from the wet and frozen north, the weather here is great Tongue
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2018 at 10:10
Fresh and breezy morning, not a cloud in the sky. Temperature at 1000am is 11.1ºC, rising to 15 or 16 later. Staying dry. Cold tonight, 7 - 9ºC.

Similar expected tomorrow, maybe some cloud later in the day. North wind doth blow, so could be even colder on Monday. The rest of the week may have a chance of some showers and the current forecast is showing daytime temperatures of only 12 and 13ºC, night-times 3 or 4!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2018 at 07:58
Grey and damp morning, and it is raining fairly steadily That wasn't on the agenda. Temperature at 0755am is 10.3ºC.

Radar shows there could be quite of spell of showery outbursts today. Where did that come from? It will be cloudy, top temperature no more than 14ºC.

Rain will move away later today, leaving clear sky and tonight could be fairly cold, 8 or 9 near the coast and down to 6 inland. Tomorrow wil be cloudy and fairly cool even for here, at around 14ºc. Tuesday cooler still perhaps only 13ºC but clear. Wednesday and Thursday should also be cold and dry, ther's a  fair chance of more rain coming our way for Friday and next weekend.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2018 at 10:51
Sunny but cold. Temperature at 1045am is 10.6ºC, there's a bit of a wind and some cloud piled up on the horizon.  Max today 14 or 15ºC. The whole country is on a yellow weather warning for low temperatures, which down here tonight could fall to 4 or 5º. It's going to be cloudy, cold and dry for the next two or three days.

Things look like changing on Friday when there is a likelihood of some rain, with more showery days possible after that. Temperatures are going to be a little lower than the seasonal average with the icy winds coming down from the north.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2018 at 07:47
Cold this morning, clear sky. Temperature at 0740am is 6.4ºC. It is a bit windy, the trees are moving quite a bit.

Today will be sunny but not warm, max temperature no more than 14ºC and feeling colder in the wind. Rather better than what I see for the UK though!

It will be cold again tonight, 4 - 6ºC depending on where you are.

Similar weather is expected for Wednesday and Thursday.

Rain is forecast for Friday, then the weekend will again be cold and dry.
Albufeira Resident

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2018 at 08:10
Too lazy to use Google? What's the weather like?

8am - 1km inland from Aquashow waterpark

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2018 at 08:32
Goodness me,
How lucky were we then when in January when we were out it was breaking into the 20’s? I guess that’s the way the cookie crumbles but at the mo, it’s better here, we don’t have frost on the cars!
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/February/2018 at 08:54
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

...at the mo, it’s better here, we don’t have frost on the cars!

Hmm speak for yourself Andrew, we had frost last night, its snowing at the moment and forecast for tonight is -3 !
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2018 at 06:29
Now that the BBC have ditched the Met Office as their weather supplier, their all new singing and dancing weather website now does a 14 day forecast for Albufeira (previously only Faro)
This includes, all on one page, a daily hour by hour forecast, a 7 day moving satellite image and a daily video forecast for Europe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2272222
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2018 at 10:49
Bet it still ain't right though!

Anyway, this morning dawned with 4.1ºC outside my back door at 0730. Now at 1045am it is 9.4 and very windy. I am pretty sure that 4.1 is the lowest number I have written for a very long time. Top today no more than 13ºC, sky is clear but we may have some cloud later.  It will be another cold night, 4ºC along the coast and even colder inland.

Tomorrow's weather will be pretty much the same as today. A weather front is heading way and will be bringing clouds and rain on Friday. The weekend will be cold and dry, then a shift in the direction will bring slightly warmer but likely wetter weather from Monday onwards
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2018 at 11:52
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Bet it still ain't right though!

Well they did forecast the rain that fell on Sunday morning which by all accounts IPMA were oblvious to.
Anyway, we'll see how it pans out.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2018 at 08:49
Sun's out but it is cold. Temperature at 0715am was 3.9ºC, now at 0845 it is 5.8ºC.  Not a cloud in the sky, a light wind. Today will be much like yesterday, getting cloudier later with top temperature not more than 14ºC. Cold once more tonight, down to 3 or 4.

Light rain is forecast for tomorrow morning, clearing up by the afternoon. Temperatures though will be similar to today.

The weekend will be dry, cloudy maybe a tad warmer then it looks like next week will be a mixture of showers and sunny periods. Temperatures ought to be a little higher than they are now.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2018 at 16:53
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Today will be much like yesterday, getting cloudier later with top temperature not more than 14ºC.

Just as forecast by the BBC, haven't seen a cloud all day Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 422423424425426 566>
  Share Topic