Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 416417418419420 566>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/November/2017 at 09:39
Not so this morning. Very cloudy, almost gloomy, outside. Temperature at 0935am is 18.3ºC, the air is very damp with all the clouds around. It will stay cloudy all day, temperature might reach 22ºC later. There are some isolated showers out to the west, they probably won't be coming this way though.

Tonight will be damp again down to between 13 and 15.

Sunday and Monday should be a bit less cloudy, staying dry with temperatures still around 22 daytime, 14 or 15 at night. Rain is forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2017 at 09:17
Another very damp and grey morning, in fact it looks like there were a few spots of rain earlier. It's not cold though, indoors it's 23ºC with no heating whatsoever, outdoors 18.2ºC.

Grey cloud hides the sun, there is no wind to speak of.

It should stay dry today but will remain cloudy with a maximum temperature of around 23ºC. Tonight will be reasonably warm for the time of year at 15ºC.

Rain and slightly cooler temperatures are coming our way for tomorrow, longer spells of rain and cooler still (19ºc) are forecast for Tuesday. Wednesday is also going to be wet but after that there will be two or three dry days but much cooler, more like late November than what we have been enjoying..

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2017 at 10:09
And again a grey and damp morning. Not cold though, 18.1ºC at 1000am. There is a bit of a breeze today, from the south. It will stay cloudy all day but it looks as if the rain will stay away. Maximum temperature only around 21ºC with the sun behind clouds.

Tonight will be warm but feeling damp. Tomorrow will start much as today but rain will be moving in during the day and will be with us on Wednesday as well, getting heavier. Temperature around 20ºc both days. After Wednesday a spell of colder weather is expected, daytime temperatures no higher than 17 or 18, night-times could be as low as 8 or 9 away from the coast. It probably won't be raining for the second part of next week.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2017 at 14:01
Well they got that completely wrong, or at least they did for here.
Played golf this morning and it was lovely, mostly blue skies and plenty of warm sunshine.
No damp here either, the grass all around the course was dry as a bone.
Sun still shinning here although there is a bit of thin cloud now.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 07:46
UPDATE 1530HRS - there is a thunderstorm currently over Portimão and Alvor heading in this direction. Sky is becoming very dark looking over that way
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning is very grey, rain clouds to the south and north of here. Temperature at 0730am is 16.9ºC,  slightly breezy.

The radar shows large areas of rain but mostly away from here. It did rain a bit in the night, not raining here just now but may be soon. There could be longer spells of rain this afternoon. Maximum temperature no more than 19ºC.

More showers tonight, temperature down to 14 or 15ºC, showery tomorrow but with some sunny intervals and perhaps a touch warmer. By Thursday the wind will have shifted around to come from the north, which will bring colder weather but clear skies.

That cold but clear weather should be with us for Friday and next weekend.
Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 16:11
Thunderstorm now here... 
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 16:36
Rain just easing a bit now but clouds are still very dark out to the west.

if you want to see where the rain is, http://www.ipma.pt/pt/otempo/obs.remote/index.jsp

Might be some lightning still around, lights just flickered.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 16:38
The long awaited monsoon has begun. Never seen so much water come down so quickly, and I've lived in Scotland
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 16:45
"Never seen so much water come down so quickly, and I've lived in Scotland"

You should have been here in 2007 I think it was, 9" of rain fell in one night but over a period of hours and of course November 1st 2015 was one to remember.

At 1645hrs it is now raining steadily, rather than torrentially, here in Páteo. Temperature is 18.1ºC if that matters. More rain, probably only short showers, is forecast for tomorrow.

Thursday and Friday, colder but dry.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 17:13
The guys on the Pine Cliffs building site across the road worked throught that lot and they were still getting deliveries of cement. Main road is flooded and the man who runs the fish shop is out there with his trousers rolled up trying to unblock the drains. Stinks a bit so hope he washes his hands before dealing with the next Robelo.
The funniest thing was when the bus from Albufeira came - the stop is right where the water is deepest (at least a foot), but regardless he still stoped at it to let someone off who had to step into a foot of water. So caring those bus drivers
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 17:29
Round two is now with us. Raining hard here again. Looks like Dicey's end of town will get the worst as a big black cloud has just crossed to the south of me, heading towards Açoteais.

But better weather after tomorrow! More showers tonight, temperature down to 14 or 15ºC, showery tomorrow but with some sunny intervals and perhaps a touch warmer. By Thursday the wind will have shifted around to come from the north, which will bring colder weather but clear skies.

That cold but clear weather should be with us for Friday and next weekend.
Albufeira Resident

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 17:38
I have trench gutter which goes into the loft then drains into a tank. 3 inch tubes going down always blocked with bird feather etc so many years ago drilled 4 inch hole in wall to allow water to escape. so much debris just now that all blocked and 3 inch rain in loft. using wet vac to suck it out. reckon if that rain at that pace went on for hour albo would be flooded like 2 yrs ago. dont believe any works done would cope
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 18:34
3 vac loads to a bucket, approx 20 buckets - luckily there's a loo up here. 2 hours work, bedroom below a bit drippy -anything to earn a beer. All sorted now!

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 19:22
No more rain here since 5pm ish. We did have a road sweeper go past about an hour ago. Sort of stable door and horse situation springs to mind.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2017 at 20:55
anyone seen the videos on FB with the albeit minor flooding in downtown Albufeira and reports of flooding on EN 125 nr Vale Judeu where all the new drainage was put in earlier this year?

It's an utter disgrace and if this was most other countries I would have expected a protest at the town hall and a call for the resignation of EVERYONE involved in the (non) planning of these works.

Add in the dangerous entrances and exits off the A22 and the penchant for zebra crossings as you try to leave a roundabout and it shows the utter contempt of the council for allowing mistake after mistake after mistake to continue being made.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 416417418419420 566>
  Share Topic