Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 411412413414415 566>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2017 at 18:48
I hope it stays like it until I’m out in two weeks
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2017 at 08:43
A very warm start to the day, temperature at 0750am was 22.3ºC, now almost an hour later it is slowly warming up towards the expected high of 30ºC. But there was a red sky this morning, shepherd's warning, but for what I wonder?

It is a little bit breezy, sky is blue with some haze on the horizon as I look out across the sparkling azure waters...

No change is expected over the next week or so except that nights will become a little cooler, maybe down to 15 or 16ºC.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2017 at 09:48
Sunrise over Falesia this morning. Not spectacular but nonetheless very nice.
Enhanced red cliffs at Olhos
Was down there at 6.45 and it was magical.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2017 at 09:52

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2017 at 08:57
Aaaahhhh!! Good stuff.

And it's another hot start to the day. Not a cloud in the sky, gentle breeze, temperature at 0850am is 23.4ºC.  Forecast for today is a high of 30ºC. No rain of course.

They are saying that it will be 30ºc again tomorrow, perhaps 33ºC on Friday! night-times 17 - 19ºC.

The weekend could be a touch cooler, only 28ºC, with the wind coming more from the south. Same goes for well into next week.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2017 at 16:24
Update 1615hrs - 26.8ºC when I got home, quite breezy up here now. Noticeably hotter in town where the heat is bouncing off walls and the shiny pavements.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. I will be in Lagos during the afternoon, I wonder if it will be very different down there?
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2017 at 21:00
5.00pm yesterday we hit 33 degree's, unbelievable for October.
Now back in UK home, after the journey from hell, currently 12 degree's and bloody freezing!!!
With Monarch going we've lost our November flights... first job tomorrow, sort replacements, but they may be sooner than that!
I'm off to continue smuggling peanuts!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2017 at 10:21
A big comedown for Andrew and anyone else returning to the delights of a British autumn over the next week or so.

It's going to be another hot day here, 30ºC maximum predicted although one or two spots may be even more than that. Currently at 1015am it is 25.1ºC here in Páteo, blue sky, light breeze. I am off to Lagos in a couple of hours, where it will be only 29ºC they say. I will take my Imortal scarf just in case.

Tonight the temperature won't be lower than the 19 or 20 mark.  The heatwave is set to continue for at least another week, with daytime temperatures in the high 20´s or more, night-times 17 - 19. There is a small black cloud on the forecast for 13th October showing a 14% chance of rain. That's 14% more than we have seen for months now.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2017 at 11:38
Lagos was hot yesterday afternoon and quite windy.

It's another hot day here in Albufeira. Temperature at 1130am is 25.4ºC and it's dry air..There must be some dust and stuff in it as I have been sneezing quite a lot.

Top temperature today is expected to be 28ºC. That, needless to say, is around 6º higher than the average for the time of year.

Tonight will be a warm one again, not lower than about 19ºC, warmer in town.

The weekend it will be 28 or 29ºC daytime, 18 or 19 at night and that general situation will hold for at least next week. There is no respite coming and no rain.

There are 'don't waste water' warnings on various websites and most of the region is on high or maximum alert for fire risk..

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2017 at 09:10
And yet another hot day coming up, could once again hit 28ºC this afternoon. Temperature at 0905 is 24ºC, the sky is blue, the air is almost still.

Tonight will be another fairly pleasant one, 17 or 18ºC in the countryside or at the beach, a touch hotter in town.

No change in the weather is currently forecast for at least another week.

Almost the whole Algarve region is now on the maximum alert level for fire risk. However www.fogos.pt currently shows only one small fire, near Porches a few miles west of here.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2017 at 10:23
This morning it's quite a bit windier than yesterday, but still it's going to be another hot and sunny day. Temperature at 1015am is 23.8ºC, the humidity thing says 64% and it does feel a little more humid that it has been. The wind direction is from the south, clear sky overhead but rather hazy looking on the horizon. Probably desert dust given the amount I cleaned off stuff yesterday.

It won't probably be quite so hot today, only 28ºC is expected. Tonight again down to around 19 or 20.

No change is expected for Monday and Tuesday except that it may be a touch cooler, day and night. The 10 day forecast shows a steady airflow from the south-east for the next week, ie from Morocco and the Sahara. Temperatures will remain in the high 20's possibly even 30 and not a raindrop to be seen.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2017 at 10:56
Another hot day, after a very warm night. Temperature at 1050am is 24ºC, sky is mostly blue but it is rather hazy looking out to sea. A  gentle breeze is coming in the through the window.

Forecast for today is 28ºC, about the same as yesterday. It will be another warm night, no lower than about 18ºC.

As has now been the case for a long time, no real variation in the weather is expected for the next week or so.

Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2017 at 06:13
Been here for 4 weeks now and every day has been pretty much the same - 3 or 4 degrees either side of 30, mostly clear blue skies with only a smidgen of cloud on one or two days and hardly any wind at all but for the occasional day with just the slightest breezes.
No matter where you go in the World it must be remarkable to have 28 continuous days of almost identical weather.
And it looks like continuing so it'll no doubt come as a bit of a shock when we go back to the UK in 10 days time.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2017 at 08:12
Yes another hot day coming along, but the 10 day forecast does now have a 23% chance of rain from next Monday. Temperature this morning at 0800 is 17.6ºC, blue sky just dawning, very slight breeze. We are expecting 28ºC today. Tonight again 19 or 20ºC.
The next three or four days could be be even hotter. The airflow is from the south-east ie from the Sahara desert, daytime temperatures could again exceed 30ºC tomorrow and Thursday.

That holds generally until Sunday. From Monday, there are little dark clouds and raindrops on the forecast. However temperatures are forecast still well above average, mid 20's so if it does rain it will be warm rain. Really cold at night though, could be down to 15ºC.

Winter draws on and for Dicey and others returning to UK best of luck with the good old British weather!
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2017 at 08:22
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Winter draws on and for Dicey and others returning to UK best of luck with the good old British weather!

Only popping home for 3 weeks to cut the grass, sort the post, take in a hospital appointment and sort out a bit of business so we won't have to suffer too long.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 411412413414415 566>
  Share Topic