Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 397398399400401 566>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2017 at 08:45
Rather a grey and murky morning here. Temperature at 0840am is 18.6C, there is a bit of a wind and the sea looks slightly choppy.

Expecting a max of 23ºC today (on the bus yesterday at 2pm the outside temperature read 28ºC!) but staying cloudy and possibly feeling a bit damp. Good for my hayfever though, it has been scratching eyes out time this past 48 hours.

It will be fairly warm tonight with the wind from the south, no lower than 16C.  Tomorrow there will be occasional showers, not heavy, daytime could be as low as 21C. The weekend should be a bit nicer,  cloudy but dry with 22C on Saturday. Then on Sunday a sunny day and temperature back into the mid 20's. The early part of next week should be the same.

No more reports from me until Tuesday. I am off to enjoy the delights of a May weekend in Kent and Sussex. I shall report accordingly.

PS mosquito warning - yesterday around 6pm the biggest mosquito in the world flew in through my window. Counter measures were rapidly and sucessfully deployed. They must be coming in on the wind.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2017 at 13:35
Our ten days are up, weather has been mixed but many days turned out much nicer than predicted , lots of sunshine so very happy with that.
Went to some new and some old favourite restaurants and even went to the cavern one night - nice little bar.
Had fab time !! 😎
Roll on next time.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2017 at 08:09
It rained during the night quite a bit judging by the size of the puddles around.
Bright sunny start with a few clouds and a slight breeze.
Current temperature at 8am is 16.
Max today looks like being 20 but there might be a few showers later this afternoon.
The next 4 days look good with lots of sun & temperatures up to 24/25
After that they're predicting 4 days of rain.
For the swimmers the sea is an acceptable 18 degrees - the North Sea by comparison is 8 degrees
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2017 at 09:44
Dull and damp so far with some nasty looking black clouds around
Currently 15 maybe rising to 22 this afternoon when the sun breaks through.

Rained yesterday afternoon but it was a nice sunny evening
Things look better for the next few days
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2017 at 06:36
Lovely afternoon & evening yesterday after the clouds disappeared at lunch time.
Even had my first dip of the year in the pool - chilly but bearable.
Today will see a light breeze, wall to wall sunshine and temperatures up to 26 this afternoon.
This looks like continuing tomorrow but changes could be coming for Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday when we will see more in the way of cloud, some rainy periods and temperatures around 20.
Nice sunrise this morning over Acoteias

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2017 at 14:42
A carbon copy of yesterday - lovely.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2017 at 15:27
And have you seen the forecast for next week? 29 degree's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday....
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2017 at 08:45
Back in the warmth of Albufeira aftre a very chilly few days in sotuh-east Engladn, where daytime temperatures never exceeded 12ºC, which with a fairly stong east wind made it feel cold.

Here in the Algarve at 0830am it is 19.1C, a bit cloudy and hardly any wind. it will stay cloudy today with a maximum temperature of no more than 22 or 23C. Ther a few showers down to the south west, which is where the weather is coming from. They will arrive in the area later today. Whether or not you get wet could be luck of the draw. Tonight it will be around 15 or 16C.

Tonight, tomorrow and Thursday are going to be windy and rainy right across the region, with temperatures similar to today.  Friday doesn't look too keen either, but from Saturday things will improve with temperatures expected to be in the high 20's from Sunday onwards, for a few days at least.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2017 at 09:02
It was quite gloomy and raining a while ago, now at coming up to 9am it is fairly bright with just a few big white fluffy cumulus clouds scudding by on a fairly brisk wind.

Temperature at 0855am is 19.2ºC and the air is still very damp at 83% humidity.

I am not sure how much rain is going to come our way for later. It could be like yesterday, when it rained to the north and the west but not actually here. Best be prepared if going out as there are still some showers around.

Later today we should see 22 or 23C, the wind is from the south-west so that's where to look for any dark clouds.  Tonight will be around 15C, showers on and off perhaps.

Similar for tomorrow and Friday, a mix of sunshine and showers, temperatures low 20's.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2017 at 09:30
Been up since 5.30, no rain out this way this morning
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2017 at 09:35
and next week looking very promising with IPMA still forecasting 29 degree's from Monday on...
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2017 at 15:55
Update 1600hrs, raining hard and blowy. At least my windows are getting clean.

Later today we should see 22 or 23C, the wind is from the south-west so that's where to look for any dark clouds.  Tonight will be around 15C, showers on and off perhaps.

Similar for tomorrow and Friday, a mix of sunshine and showers, temperatures low 20's.
Albufeira Resident

malagabob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2017 at 16:25
Looking at the Carvoeiro web cam. The rain is passing over. A bit brighter to the West. Maybe you will get this in the next 1/2 hr.
Never put off something that you could do today
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2017 at 08:05
Update 1000am - storm passed, only a couple of big bangs, much brighter now. Might be a few showerettes later though.

Update 0840 - just started raining fairly hard, sky to the south and south-west black as the pit. Rumble of thunder heard.

Certainly did rain here again later. Today could be quite interesting. The whole country is on an amber weather alert for heavy showers, accompanied by strong gusts of wind and lightning.

There is an area of such just south of Lagos and heading in our general direction.  You can see them clearly on the weather radar at http://www.ipma.pt/pt/otempo/obs.remote/index.jsp and notice the small dark red area, which is a thunderstorms.

Temperature at 0800 is 17.5ºC, it's windy, fairly cloudy overhead and very grey to the south-west, the direction the storms are coming from. So we are in for a showery few hours at least,  could be very heavy for short spells and thunder thrown in perhaps. Top temperature, which is pretty irrelevant if it's lashing down, no more than 21 or 22.

It won't be too bad tonight, still with the odd shower or two, temperatature around 14 or 15.

Not much change expected for tomorrow, although probably without the thunder and lightning. Saturday should be cloudy but dry and a bit warmer.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2017 at 09:14
Those "string gusts of wind.." are something else! 😉
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 397398399400401 566>
  Share Topic