Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local Transportation / Transportes Locais
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bus shelters disappearing again!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bus shelters disappearing again!
    Posted: 22/November/2019 at 17:36
Several have gone, uprooted. Including the ones at Albufeira Camping, on Rua Coronel Aguas and Avenida do Ténis by the roundabout.

If you didn't know, you would think the buses don't stop there any more. But they do, trust me.

Reason unknown, they weren't vandalised any more than some of those still standing.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2019 at 21:05
Oh lord!  Where am I going to sleep it off when I'm over relaxed?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/November/2019 at 08:30
The benches are still there. No worries.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2019 at 09:26
Nearly a month has passed and although the footings for new shelters have appeared in one or two places, nothing new.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2020 at 14:15
Spotted a truck loaded with the new 'Albufeira standard' bus shelters and indeed a new one has now appeared here in Páteo. There's still nothing at a lot of places, for example  at Albufeira Camping and by the old cemetery, to even show buses still stop there.

I would imagine it's too much to hope that the town council will spend a few extra cents to put up timetables. Rather more useful to visitors especially than telling them the bus comes 'every 30 or 60 minutes'.
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2020 at 12:48
New bus shelter being installed this morning by new council depot/ secondary school in Brejos. Not a subject I know anything about but doesn't look very different from the old one. 
I would rather they replace the non working lights in Parque Alfarobeiro near the bus station.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/February/2020 at 09:36
Bus shelters now all seem to have been replaced, but still no information to be seen about when and where the buses go. Priorities?

And yes streetlights in several areas could do with fixing as well, unless it is  deliberate policy to reduce the number to save on electricity
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2020 at 18:52
Update - maps are being posted in the bus shelters so that's half the battle. Provided of course you know where you are.

But, as I had to explain to a couple today, there are no timetables for the GIRO buses on display. Luckily the one I was waiting for and what they wanted came by a minute later. Had I not been there, they would never have known.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic