Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Nightlife / Vida Nocturna
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Over priced bars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2018 at 10:57
I found the Bizarro near the elevator rather pricey. Bought one there and went elsewhere. Didn't really warm to the manner of the lady who served me. She moaned about having to pay the council for having seats outside. I presume other bars - eg Tunes and Lemon Tree - also pay. I wonder if she charges less if you sit indoors, in the cheaper seats? Probably not.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
sidgold View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/June/2018 at 22:01
We are in the U.K. at present & like a great number of people are watching lots of football on tv. And to keep us all sufficiently inebriated while we watch yet another 90 minutes of big hairy men kicking a football around a large piece of Russian real estate the Lidl Supermarket chain has now offered us 4 large cans of Budweiser for an unbeatable price of £3.99p (Sterling). What a great deal!
PS.- Plus a large bag of Natcho's for 0.69p (Sterling)
sid gold
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2018 at 10:28
The enlightened Scottish Government has set a minimum price of £0.50 per unit of alcohol on all booze. That sets a floor price according to the strength and volume. It seems they're worried about us drinking too much. Drunken jocks? Whoever heard the like.
And they've reduced the sugar in IRN BRU!
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Priest1955 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priest1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2018 at 13:18
Here in the UK, I'm a real ale drinker, but I'm quite happy drinking the local stuff for a few days. I can't drink John Smiths, etc., anymore, so I don't have to pay ridiculous prices for it. After a while though, I find my self on the whisky and lemonades for a change, I agree with Luis, the "local rubbish", is better than Carling or Heinekan. I do like Sagres better. I'll be sampling one or two from Sunday for a week.
On another note, where is the Lemon Tree and Old House? I'll be staying at the top of the escalators in the old town (not literally, we've got an apartment).Wink
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2018 at 13:24
Originally posted by Priest1955 Priest1955 wrote:

Here in the UK, I'm a real ale drinker, but I'm quite happy drinking the local stuff for a few days. I can't drink John Smiths, etc., anymore, so I don't have to pay ridiculous prices for it. After a while though, I find my self on the whisky and lemonades for a change, I agree with Luis, the "local rubbish", is better than Carling or Heinekan. I do like Sagres better. I'll be sampling one or two from Sunday for a week.
On another note, where is the Lemon Tree and Old House? I'll be staying at the top of the escalators in the old town (not literally, we've got an apartment).Wink

The Lemon Tree is a stones throw from where you are staying - head towards Inatel from the escalator and it's along that road, overlooking the sea. Old House is at the end of Estrada Sta Eulalia, near the Strip, close to the Chinese restaurant.   
Go away Duchatalet
Priest1955 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priest1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2018 at 13:50
Thanks for that.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2018 at 17:34
They sell this Spanish Beer in our local supermarket (Coviran) in Acoteias - pack of 6 x 33cl bottles for 4.50 euro.
Also in Intermarche but 0.50 euro more expensive there.
It's also sold in the UK but in packs of 4 x 33cl bottles. £4.50 in Tesco and £5 in Waitrose.
Really good stuff.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2018 at 19:33
Just drinks, nr Loule are the supplier for this - don't often see it on draught but it can be found
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic