Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vale Navio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vale Navio
    Posted: 15/May/2018 at 18:00
Stumbled on this story about Vale Navio.....Makes the place seem even more creepy. Some of you on here may remember the case as you have mentioned dates before 1990 on previous Vale Navio thread but it said topic closed so I could not add to end.
http://www.nickdavies.net/1993/08/01/kidnap-murder-and-justice-in-the-algarve/
Sponsored Links

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2018 at 20:48
Tonisdad,, yes, Cubsur put a link up about four or five years ago, I did a load of research and found stacks more, all was posted on here. Even went and photographed the “Wonkey Donkey”... it was a sad, derelict, abandoned area that had once been such a joyous place... the accused now released and back in UK... I tried to make contact but no success.
One heck of a story, I have my thoughts, I doubt we will never know now for certain.
And also, if you didn’t know, it’s all flattened, Vale Navio, now all gone.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2018 at 21:32
Came past there last Wednesday and I think you'll find it's currently being re-developed with new houses.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2018 at 09:20
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

Tonisdad,, yes, Cubsur put a link up about four or five years ago, I did a load of research and found stacks more, all was posted on here. Even went and photographed the “Wonkey Donkey”... it was a sad, derelict, abandoned area that had once been such a joyous place... the accused now released and back in UK... I tried to make contact but no success.
One heck of a story, I have my thoughts, I doubt we will never know now for certain.
And also, if you didn’t know, it’s all flattened, Vale Navio, now all gone.

Andrew I tried a search on the forum for Vale Navio and all I could get was one closed topic.
The complex certainly seems to have had some history.
If you have any links would be interested to see?
Captain Spalding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Spalding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2018 at 11:15
Hi Everyone
First time poster.
I often walk through Vale Navio and down by the horse riding centre. I had seen the piles of rubble behind the Atlantico hotel and did think that the place felt a bit strange...now I can understand why.....it’s fascinating to read the story and see what it looked like back then. It’s hard to imagine a thriving , happy community there at one time and then the tragedy of the murders.
There are some nice villas there and I noticed some of the older ones being refurbished . Given its location hopefully this area is recovering.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2018 at 10:44
Tonisdad,
Maybe Cubsur can unlock it?
If not I have the UK Parlimentary debate on the possible miscarriage but it’s out in Portugal, I can at a future date scan and either post or email that for you.
What I do have are some pictures, then and now sort of thing but I’m here, there and everywhere for a bit now so I’ll try and post those later.
Andrew
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2018 at 15:56

Tonisdad,
Maybe Cubsur can unlock it?
If not I have the UK Parlimentary debate on the possible miscarriage but it’s out in Portugal, I can at a future date scan and either post or email that for you.
What I do have are some pictures, then and now sort of thing but I’m here, there and everywhere for a bit now so I’ll try and post those later.

Andrew if Cubsur sees this he will maybe let us know...Thanks.
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2018 at 20:30
Found a bit on the net about this place and the sad and shocking murder that took place!
Talk of gangsters moving into Albufeira at that time , fascinating!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2018 at 20:52
Here we go, I had to do some digging to find this, Vale Navio in it's hey day before it's dramatic demise.
The 'now' pictures I'm still searching for, maybe on computer in Portugal though I thought they were all synced, my 'puters that is. I'll post them if I find them but they have all been posted on here before, likely in that locked thread.
It's interesting to see the level of interest in this local history a second time round, maybe third, on here.

Andrew
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2018 at 21:20
I find it really interesting, I hadn’t heard of it before, it was one of the first timeshares in Portugal and the largest .
I found the photos of the ghost resort now , but I can’t get them on here.
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2018 at 21:24
Oh ok you say it’s flattened now so must have been from a few years ago.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2018 at 06:37

I'll post them if I find them but they have all been posted on here before, likely in that locked thread.

I think we lost all the old photos that were on here when we changed server a couple of years ago
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2018 at 09:48
I had some pictures before it was flattened, four or five years ago maybe. I will see if I can find them
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2018 at 09:56
Here we are, taken November 2013

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2018 at 14:06
Thanks Andrew/Cubsur I did not realise the place was so vast.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic