Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faro Airport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faro Airport
    Posted: 11/March/2018 at 20:48
Flew home today from Faro airport and as we came through security we got told we just had to take any liquids out of our bags and didn't have to bother removing any electrical device, new one on me, have always had to remove iPad/tablet/phone from my rucksack.

Also as a update, was told there is definitely going to be a smoking lounge, should have been done already but will be done at some point......
Sponsored Links

Chloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2018 at 15:06
So pleased there is to be a smokers lounge. People have been going into decline thinking that they are going to be deprived of their nicotine fix.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2018 at 14:01
...including Mrs. Jock. I'll get some peace for her complaints.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2018 at 20:45
Originally posted by S1gh S1gh wrote:

Flew home today from Faro airport and as we came through security we got told we just had to take any liquids out of our bags and didn't have to bother removing any electrical device, new one on me, have always had to remove iPad/tablet/phone from my rucksack.

Went home this morning and got the full works - shoes off, belt off, tablets/laptops out of bag.
Tip - there's now a vending machine right in front of you immediately when you come though security that sells bottles of water for 1 Euro.
Didn't have any change so ended up paying 3.75 Euro at some grotty Italian cafe where a small capachino, a small tea (and they were small) plus the water came to a staggering 9.75 Euro.
All the gate numbers have changed. Downstairs all now 3 figures starting with a 1 and upstairs now start with a 3.
For the first time in years our Easyjet flight was from a downstairs gate (115 & 116 which was previously something like D27 & D28) so we needed the bus to take us to the plane.
Made Speedy Boarding a bit of a mockery - all the speedy boarders got on the bus first but off it last LOL
No Easyjet or Ryanair planes parked at any of the "top floor" gates of the terminal building, they were all on the tarmac down the far end towards Faro.
Deparures area, including shops etc, where there's still lots of work going on, seems to have been divided into 2 - only flights to UK, Ireland and Canada showing on the departures screen.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
AmyAm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyAm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2019 at 08:29
Guys, I've never taken a plane and hence have no idea if nicotine-free vapes are forbidden as well. I've recently ordered one from https://vapingdaily.com/ and my flight is in a week, so I wonder if I can smoke it?
england 4 ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote england 4 ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2019 at 09:09
no
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2019 at 09:26
Absolutely not allowed even inside airports as they set off smoke alarms.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic