Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fly tipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fly tipping
    Posted: 27/October/2014 at 05:25
A back lane just off the main road in Acoteias littered with several piles of broken tiles & bricks. LovelyAngry

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Sponsored Links

tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2014 at 09:39
There is a recycling/skip/rubbish tip near the Marina,& presumably others,so why do this?
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2014 at 10:29
They are too lazy. Around the back from me there are piles of builder's rubble everywhere along the dirt tracks. Less than a quarter mile away is a recycling place.

The amount of general litter and flytipping here is many times worse than anywhere I have ever been, except possibly Morocco.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/November/2014 at 18:48
This afternoon beside a lane not far from me. What is it with these people? You wouldn't see this almost anywhere else in Europe.

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/November/2014 at 20:02
How horrible.
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2015 at 11:36
Friday afternoon not far from my November picture above. That previous dump is still there. Clearly many people have no respect for the country.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2015 at 10:11
Varzea da Orada Thursday. This foam insulation will decompose and eventually be blown all over the place.

Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2015 at 10:13
Looks like it was thirsty work taking it there
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 12:23
The dump in my November post has been cleared but this is not far away, taken yesterday.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2016 at 11:32
Some people have no shame. Not far from previous picture, taken yesterday. The dump includes several fluorescent light tubes.

Albufeira Resident

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2016 at 13:13
Some irresponsible builder who can't be bothered to take it to the appropriate place & flourescent tubes are dangerous when they explode &  break. Disgraceful.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2016 at 19:33
Disgusting thats sheer lazyness to dump that there. What a shame.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2016 at 10:16
The pile of rubble and lighting tubes pictured in my post dated 27 April is still there. Saw these yesterday afternoon in the same area, this is a composite of three pictures taken within five minutes of each other. Obviously these people live here and have no regard whatsoever for their country. They are selfish and lazy.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2017 at 10:47
Same general area as above, taken yesterday afternoon. Those who do this must be the most selfish, lazy, uncaring, no conscience, people anywhere. I assume they are local builders etc because of the nature of the stuff dumped.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2017 at 18:40
Fly tipping, litter, call it what you will. Parts of this area are disgusting and that's because of the disgusting people. I have to blame residents for this below. It's not the kind of stuff that tourists would dump. Sheets of plastic, paper, old cardboard boxes, bags of old clothes all strewn around not 10 metres from these bins at Vale de Parra. Not to mention that it is impossible to walk two metres along that road without seeing plastic bottles, food containers and cigarette packets that have been tossed out of car windows. Why is this condoned? Why is nothing done to clear up the mess??

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic