Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 575859
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R100ELP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/November/2017 at 12:42
Flights booked for next October with Easyjet yesterday at £20 each going out its just a shame I needed a flight backCry which cost considerably more.
Was also able to get any hotel I wanted being an early booker now all I have to do is look forward to my May trip out in the knowledge that Im already booked to come back! 
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2018 at 14:14
Ryanair closing their Glasgow Aiport base - destinations from there reduced from 23 to 3
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Analogue.man.in.a.di View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analogue.man.in.a.di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2018 at 17:39
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Ryanair closing their Glasgow Aiport base - destinations from there reduced from 23 to 3

Ouch First of many imo.
 The fiction that Brexit won't impact volumes using the low-cost carriers is risible. I suspect Flybe & Jet2Com will be next..  Unhappy
Thanks
Analogue.man.in.a.digital.age
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2018 at 08:17
There are people who think they will not be allowed to go on holiday to Portugal, Spain etc as from next year. So they are not booking up. Likewise EU citizens who presumably will need passports to enter UK rather than their national ID cards which they can use at present. As we know, passports are expensive.

Moving some routes to Edinburgh and still flying from Prestwick. O'Leary also blames UK Air Passenger Duty (tax) but still flying from Glasgow to Poland.

Look at some of the places they fly to at the moment - Carcassonne,
Sofia, Riga, Palanga (that's in Lithuania in case you didn't know) and
Bydgoszcz, none of which strikes me as a massive traffic generator.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2018 at 09:50
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

There are people who think they will not be allowed to go on holiday to Portugal, Spain etc as from next year. So they are not booking up. Likewise EU citizens who presumably will need passports to enter UK rather than their national ID cards which they can use at present. As we know, passports are expensive.

But even allowing for idiots like that there will still be 20m+ Brits who will travel to Europe next year and even more Europeans coming the other way. The Ryanair decision has got nothing to do with Brexit, but they chuck that into the reasons because O'Leary is against it. It is puerly a business decision made for financial and operational reasons. Nothing else.
Besides as it's still only Feb 2018, doubt very much that anybody is booking up for 2019, even if they could.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
pyrman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2018 at 10:34
Ryanair complained about Air Passenger duty ... but truthfully, they face a lot of competition at Glasgow, whose passenger numbers continue to rise year on year. Scottish Government can`t reduce the duty (as promised) because they need EU agreement (or Brexit agreement) to protect other regions.

Ryanair are still using Glasgow Prestwick, which is 40 min drive from central Glasgow .. 10 min drive from my house. I use them to fly back from Faro (also to Edinburgh) because the times were always far more convenient ... and they didn`t fly to Faro from Glasgow anyway.
Pyrman
cameroncleggout View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2018 at 10:54
We are looking to book 2019 Holidays at the moment and every provider we have looked at are only taking bookings up to 29 April 2019. And what is scheduled to officially happen on this date ?
cameronout
Jock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2018 at 11:23
Dunno. Brexit happens on 31 March 2019.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32810887
According to the Scotsman Edinburgh was Scotland's busiest airport in '17 - 13 millon+ against Glasgow's 9.9 million+.  You'd think Glasgow being quieter would give Ryanair a chance to negotiate lower airport fees.  Maybe this is part of the negotiating process. Love him or loath him O'leary is a wiley negotiator.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Big Col View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2018 at 11:41
OK guys and gals, the next TWO batches of Easyjet flights are being released next month.

On Thursday 12th April, flights will be available until 3rd February 2019. 

And, on Thursday 26th April, you'll also be able to book flights until 24th March 2019.

Colin
Big Col View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2018 at 15:05
Just a quick reminder folks:-

Tomorrow, Thursday 26th April, you'll be able to book flights until 24th March 2019 with EasyJet. 😁
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2018 at 06:16
Just booked our return flight for March - outward in Jan already booked.
Faro to Southend £19.70 each (no extras)
So that's a return flight for 2 people ror £81 - £15 cheaper than we paid for this years Jan/Mar trip, which was on almost identical dates.

Smile

The next lot of flights (25th March to 22nd June) will be on sale in October - last year those flights came on sale on 20th September.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 575859
  Share Topic