Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2016 at 11:32
Back in the day when I was working I used to fly Heathrow - Brussels every 2 weeks, a very popular route what with the EU, Nato etc being based there.
The Company made the bookings and paid for them.
They weren't cheap either & the average return fare, for a 30 minute flight, was well over £300.
Flights were with either BA or British Midland
Always used to book the the most popular flight flight back (5.30pm) knowing that it would be over booked.
Usually managed to get to check in early (no online check in in those days) and was always met with the same -
"sorry Sir, this flight is over booked. Would you be prepared to transfer to a later flight. We will give you £50 for the inconvenience"
£50 straight in the back pocket for waiting an hour. Smile
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2016 at 11:02
Sorry to raise this query.  I'm sure it has come up before but can't find it.

Coming out in a month (Ryanair) and may have to print my return boarding pass in Albufeira.  I seem to recall that someone from a second hand bookshop somewhere near the Bullring offered to print for another member. 

Is this right and, if so, can I have directions?  Happy to pay of course.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
carolenclive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolenclive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2016 at 12:03
The shop is called Bookworms and it is on Estrada St Eulalia just before you come to Corcovada on the right hand side coming from the palms roundabout.You dont pay but a donation is welcome to pet charity.
caz
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2016 at 12:20
Thanks for that.  From your directions I've found it on Google Earth
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2016 at 11:52
Thought I wasn't going to be able to print my return boarding pass although I had reserved a seat and it's within 30 days, some glitch on the Ryanair website, but now have both passes.  The flight info is now all in the top right quarter of the pass and they ask that you fold it with only that showing.  Presumably so that it fits in their new (to me) self service bag drop scanners.  The other 3/4 of the pass just wastes my printer ink.  Fits nicely in my top pocket though.
And before someone tells me, again, that I'm daft paying to reserve a seat (I also pay for Priority Boarding!) let me say I'm not so nifty on my feet so I'm a bit slow. It lets me get the bag in the overhead and seated before the isle fills with red faced passengers trying to push past me.
Rant over.
stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2016 at 08:57
Rather than printing the pass, you can use the mobile phone application to download the boarding pass as well - used that for Ryanair last year and works fine.

Make sure you have battery power on your phone though!
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2016 at 10:11
Thanks Stuart.  Worth thinking about but I'm wary of electronic things not working at the crucial moment.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2016 at 15:48
After a bit of info. Having not flown with Easyjet for a long time can anyone tell me what the P in brackets (on your boarding pass) under your name, after some sort of ref number. Does it mean Priority? as we have prebooked seats. Thanks.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2016 at 15:54
I think the reference number may be your passport number and the (P) refers to Passport?

Got my booking pass in front of me but not passport so I can't check for sure, but the ref numbers on the booking form for kids (recently updated) passports look familiar.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2016 at 15:59
Thanks, yes  I've just checked , it is the passport number. Just been on Easyjet site and its saying we have speedy boarding due to prebooking a seat.
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2016 at 15:22
Speedy boarding is included if you have pre booked 'up front' seats or 'exit' door seats. It should say SB - Yes.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2016 at 16:09
Can't find anywhere on boarding pass that says SB- Yes  but this is on their website re order of boarding.I prebooked seats when booking the flight.

The aircraft is boarded in the priority order outlined below and the boarding groups are defined as follows: 

• Passengers who are entitled to Speedy Boarding-
    • have a FLEXI ticket, 
    • are an easyJet Plus cardholder,
    • have paid to select an Extra Legroom seat, or
    • have paid to select an Up Front seat.
  • Passengers who have pre-booked specific assistance and families (maximum 2 adults) where at least one child is aged 5 years or under and other members of their party up to the age of 13.
  • All remaining passengers. 
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2016 at 16:52
Can't see the need for speedy boarding now that everyone has an allocated seat.
Why pay extra for something you've already got - same with paying for seats really.
We just take what's allocated but we've never once been separated since they started pre-booking seats.

Coming home at the end of February, the plane was almost full and there were about 40 people who had Speedy Boarding.
Presumably they'd all booked seats at the front, as they usually do.

We were first in the queue of "non speedy boarders", the first down the airport steps to the back entrance of the plane and the first up the stairs onto the back of the plane.
We were in row 15, we usually get that as we check in at the first available opportunity. We walked straight to our seats and sat down whilst the majority the "speedy boarders", who had paid for the privilege, were still stood on the front steps waiting to get on the plane while people tried to sort themselves out.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2016 at 18:00
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

We just take what's allocated but we've never once been separated since they started pre-booking seats.

We regularly fly EasyJet and always pre book seats. The one time we didn't we were several rows apart. Friends of ours never pre book and have never sat together but aren't that bothered.

There's no point in paying for speedy boarding and, as you rightly say, we are often on board before those that do, particularly when buses are involved.
Colin
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2016 at 19:00
I've booked Easyjet online many many times, usually 2 passengers, sometimes 4 of us. 
I've never pre booked seats. However when I receive my email confirmation, there they are, seat numbers - sitting together.
If I try and change the seats online, Easyjet ask for payment - so I don't change them.
However, when I check-in online 30days before, I can change the seats without charge. (eg. change from aisle & one next to, to window & one next to.) 

Point is, my seats are always allocated at the time of booking, without any additional charge.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 83>
  Share Topic