Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2014 at 18:36
Great idea about the duty free carrier bag Bob.  Will definately give it a go in May when I am over. 
Algarve - The closest thing to heaven !
Super Bock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Bock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2014 at 18:39
Strange we flew in yesterday with easyjet for the first time for ages and loads of people had trolley cases and handbags or lap top bag. We thought easy jets policy had changed?
LIBBY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2014 at 18:48
On a totally different topic.  We have flights booked for September (booked ages ago) and on checking easyjet website today they were over £50 cheaper.  Phoned up and got a credit voucher from them for the difference. 
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2014 at 21:17
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Yes any shopping bag you get from the airport shop does not count towards hand baggage.

On the other hand, I have seen people being asked to put their "shopping bags" inside their hand luggage on more than one occasion
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2014 at 23:46
mmm Libby wish that same rule applied to Ryanair.We  booked flights 6 weeks ago with Ryanair from Manchester ,(cheapest showing after weeks of checking)   only to find last week they were £60 cheaper Cry ,saying that Easyjet where a lot more expensive for same dates, and still more expensive when checked on same day. Plus we would have to travel   to Liverpool, expensive taxi there or car parking fees, so more expense .
 Some guy on internet news  who had supposedly done some research mentioned about the best time to book to get bargains with airlines, hahah it doesn't work. Maybe it's  best booking and then not looking after what price flights are so it doesn't upset you. End of day we  still thought we  got a bargain flight.It can be  expensive to travel on the trains from Manchester to London to what we paid to travel Manchester to Faro.
Bobby D's comment about saving your airport shopping bag and using it again for future flights is bob on, why not, play them at their own game lol
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
LIBBY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2014 at 23:09
JJ We have limited choice from Belfast - its either Easyjet / Jet2 / Aer Lingus.  Generally Easyjet is cheaper. (Ryan air do not fly from either the city or international airports, though if they did I think we would give them a try).
I will let everyone know how I things go in June when I try Bob's duty free bag trick at Faro !
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2014 at 12:02
Took Easyjet back last night wearing a bigger and newer belt bag (the other one was on its last legs anyway) and no-one was bothered. Flight left the stand exactly on time and docked at Faro exactly on time. And I mean to within the minute.

Aircraft was full of golfers and stag parties. How it took off I do not know.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2014 at 12:45
I reckon the captain said " I need more power Scotty" and selected warp speed and that's how it took off?!!
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2014 at 14:44
Flew back yesterday morning, 10.00 flight with Easyjet.
There were 6 Bag Drop desks open + the Speedy Boarding desk was accepting anyone. There were no queues at all & we just walked straight up to the desk, checked our bag in & through.
I think there were at least 6 Easyjet flights all taking off within 30 minutes or so.
The airport was really busy.

Got to the gate and there were absolutely no checks on hand luggage whatsoever - not even a bag gauge in evidence.
For the first time in a long while (4+ years) our gate was downstairs (D17 & D18) so that might have something to do with it. Just 2 girls checking Boarding Passes & Passports and that was it. Straight onto a bus to the plane which was by no means anywhere near full. Three our flight back due to strong head winds.

Got home at 5 & the house was freezing - car was only showing 10 degrees all the way back to Norfolk.
Turned the heating back on & it didn't work.
And because it's a Bank Holiday weekend we can't get anyone to fix it until Tuesday.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2014 at 17:59
Dicey what`s the symptoms?
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2014 at 07:14
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Homer is the one who loves Duff's beer,& Marge is the one with the tall hairWink
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2014 at 10:09
Originally posted by tiganut tiganut wrote:

Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Homer is the one who loves Duff's beer,& Marge is the one with the tall hairWink

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2014 at 11:54
Easyjet have just added another month of flight bookings - March 2015
LIBBY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2014 at 20:07
Thanks for the heads up Dicey, much appreciated. 
March flights booked !
(Just waiting for April to be released to book our flight back home).
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2014 at 18:04
Is there a significant saving to be made, by booking an outbound and inbound flight separately, rather than a return flight at the same time?
Never put off something that you could do today
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 83>
  Share Topic