Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 105>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2016 at 08:14
Makes a difference to people living abroad on UK income.
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2016 at 11:06
€1.09 yesterday for cash here.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2016 at 19:10
Oh dear! 1.137, a 52 week low, bah.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2016 at 20:35
There's always an upside.
On exchange rate differences alone our one bed apartment is now worth £13,650 more than it was 12 months ago Smile
So, for anyone who owns a property in Portugal but doesn't live here, it's very much a case of what you lose on the swings you gain on the roundabouts.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2016 at 08:42
Yes and no. That's only going to happen when you sell up and realise it, or top your mortgage up but that means more repayment. So if you're foreign property is a long term intention and you fund it from sterling, the poor or lower exchange rate is going to have an impact on you during that long term.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2016 at 12:49
Ever lower, 1.1343, another year long low.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2016 at 06:26
1.1191 just now having dipped into the 1.10's earlier - something to do with a "flash crash triggered by algorithm" according to the BBC

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2016 at 08:01
It might be time to move some euro's back to sterling!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2016 at 11:05
Computer systems trading money, v dangerous for the small investor!

The Euro is falling against the US Dollar, so that's not looking too good either.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all used the same money and weren't at the mercy of currency speculators - and rogue computers!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2016 at 11:56
1.05 to the £ in town this morning.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2016 at 12:27
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2016 at 13:07
1.0875 just now in the high street (UK)
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2016 at 11:37
Is there anyone stupid enough to change money at an airport? I guess there must be, otherwise the criminals posing as airport change shops wouldn't be in business!
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2016 at 14:33
In 2005 I went on a business trip to Budapest - couldn't land there because of bad weather so landed at Vienna instead, re-fueled and flew back to Luton.
Changed £100 into Hungarian Forints at the airport at 8am and got £55 when I changed them back into £'s at 2pm. LOL

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2016 at 09:48
I am off to town shortly and will pass on the bad news for cash exchange rate today.

ALWAYS get your Euros before you leave UK if you insist on bringing cash!!
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 105>
  Share Topic