Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 105>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2014 at 07:51
Back over 1.26 this morning and still going up
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2014 at 11:04
1.20 here for cash yesterday.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2014 at 11:47
Bank rate down to just over 1.24 this morning
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
LesTele View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesTele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2014 at 12:41
Scottish referendum jitters. Pound at its lowest level for 10 months according to the BBC.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2014 at 15:47
Originally posted by LesTele LesTele wrote:

Scottish referendum jitters. Pound at its lowest level for 10 months according to the BBC.

Gone back up to around 1.25 this afternoon. Perhaps they've realized that the Jocks jumping ship is not such a bad thing after all Wink
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2014 at 17:34
Sorry you feel like that Dicey.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2014 at 17:38
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Sorry you feel like that Dicey.

I have no current opinion at all and in all honesty I'm not that bothered what the outcome is because it will not make one jot of difference for me.
I was merely speculating as to what other people might be thinking.

However, having lived in Glasgow for 3 years in the 1980's (and loved every minute of it) if I had had a vote back then I would have definitely been in the "yes" camp, as are the vast majority of friends up there who I still keep in contact with.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2014 at 19:17
It's a difficult decision for all of us.  I'll be glad when the vote is done and we can get on with dealing with the decision, whatever it is.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2014 at 19:36
Dicey, it certainly will make a difference to all English people. Not suggesting which political party anyone supports, but a YES vote in Scotland means almost certainly that Labour will not gain a majority at Westminster for decades. Some may say they don`t deserve to, but do the Tories really deserve free reign to do some of the awful things that will follow if the go unchecked. All I can say is " if I lived in Scotland, I would be voting YES to independence " However being a selfish sod that lives in England I hope they vote NO and share the pain of our Conservative Governments with us all
cameronout
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2014 at 06:08
No worries CCO. Gordon Brown is now leading the fightback for the No campaign so you're in safe hands Wink
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2014 at 12:32
It is a very poor situation for the UK ... and for Scotland`s future ... when the BBC is reduced to being the mouthpeice of Westminster parties, simply making up lies as they go along in response to the success of the YES campaign ... not to mention the previous bitterness following SNP`s success in gaining an outright majority in a proportional representation system as well as providing Scotland with very good, stable, caring, government. This is the kind of support NONE of the other parties have ... guess why ?

BBC even shipped Robert Peston (Murdoch`s mouthpeice for a time) and son of a former Labour Peer, up to Scotland on Monday and Tuesday to give some credence to this nonsense about the pound, market jitters, etc, in support of the three stooges ...
And of course, in true democratic vein, the main political prog in Scotland from BBC is presented by the daughter of a former Labour leader, the late John Smith. You simply can`t beat a bit of balance from good old BBC and Westminster ...

The pound meanwhile is just 10 euros per £1000 short of its ten year peak .... having, of course, been trashed previously by successive Labour and Tory governments.

Pyrman
john2604smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2604smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2014 at 13:16
Buy Euro's now, if there is  a "yes" vote the £ will plummet !!! 
ownersdirect P3708
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2014 at 13:25
Not sure I'm understanding "The pound meanwhile is just 10 euros per £1000 short of its ten year peak ...." correctly, but if I am, surely not?
According to this,
in mid 2006 it topped at €1.5271 and in Sept 2006 we got 1.44 for the deposit on our place.
Andrew
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2014 at 13:37
Yes ... rUK will be pretty weak without Scotland`s oil revenues and huge export earnings.
Besides the £ 25 billion George is cutting in 2015-16, they`ll have to find another £10 billion just to service extra debt and borrowing needs. Taxes will be going up ... no doubt he`ll try to take extra cash from Scotland`s North sea (as he did 2 years ago) before the changeover ... and if there is an unlikely `no` ... he`ll do exactly the same, only for a lot longer.
Pyrman
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2014 at 13:52
Pyrman. Interesting post.
The establishment panicked when one polls showed the yesses in the lead.
Right at this moment, less than a week away I am undecided, as are a great number of the people I talk to about the vote. In the Aerospace engineering office where I work we have 18 bodies. Yes = 12. No = 5. Dont Know's 1 (me). The paradox in Scotland just now is that having just had 3 of the most despised politicians in the country come to Scotland in a panic and try and convince us to vote no, makes people want to vote yes. 18% of children in Scotland live below the poverty line. I dont know how many kids in the rest of the UK are in this category but it is not acceptable. There are good arguments on both sides but I think the referendum should have included all of the UK. Now that result would have been interesting.
But be aware that the biggest upheaval in the history of British politics will not be after the Indyref which will be a 55% / 45% in favour of NO, it will be at the next general election when politics will take a massive turn to the right wing. Be afraid.
Back on topic - I have just bought £800 worth of Euros @ 1.243 from my local check centre. 
Ally
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 105>
  Share Topic