Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 115>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2014 at 11:17
Yesterday evening, 720pm

And about an hour later

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2014 at 16:51
10.30 this morning, it's been a glorious day, it was to hot to be walking around town, so we had to go in a bar! ;-)

Andrew
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2014 at 19:13
Excellents pics. 
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2014 at 21:38
love that picture, Andrew. Beach looks beautiful. Lucky you being there. Its great to have yourself and all the other contributors there on the ground posting these lovely photos, keeping us up to date on how things are looking. Thank you.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2014 at 23:55
Andrew, going into a Bar to hide from the sun, what an excuse. BTW wouldn't have thought you would have been up so early, bright and breezy  if you went to the quiz at O4TR  the evening before.Big smile
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2014 at 09:32
Time clock out of sync JJ from the silly o'clock flight the day before, wasn't in O4TR for that reason, meal out then back for the end of the footy, out and about bright and breezy as you say.
Andrew
DazandMad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DazandMad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2014 at 14:03
Lots of big waves yesterday down on the beach even though the weather is great. Not many people were venturing into the sea for a swim.

Kids had lots of fun with the breaking waves though, all good fun.

Darren
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2014 at 11:27
Out at Praia da Oura as I write. Sea is rough but sun I
out now and plenty of people catching some sun.
Image upload doesn't work on this so will add pics later.
s
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2014 at 11:38
Look forward to the photos.
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2014 at 14:40
Just a few. My little camera has gone wrong. It' still under guarantee so back to the shop this morning. I will bet they will find a reason not to replace or repair, but you have to try.

I had my phone with me, so some low quality pictures are here.
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2014 at 19:06
These are lovely, thanks, not sure about the creepy crawlie.
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2014 at 09:47
I think it was a giant woodlouse. I saw lots of normal sized ones not far away.
Albufeira Resident

Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2014 at 10:48
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

I remember now that some of the little beaches along that way were going to be rebuilt as they lost a lot of sand over last winter. São Rafael was definitely on the narrow side when last I was there.

One to keep an eye from mid October.

We saw the little ship going backwards & forwards when we in Albufeira in September.

Any sign that they are going to rebuild any of the other beaches or are they going to wait until after the Winter storms?
el birnn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el birnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2014 at 14:34
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

I remember now that some of the little beaches along that way were going to be rebuilt as they lost a lot of sand over last winter. São Rafael was definitely on the narrow side when last I was there.

One to keep an eye from mid October.

We saw the little ship going backwards & forwards when we in Albufeira in September.

Any sign that they are going to rebuild any of the other beaches or are they going to wait until after the Winter storms?

A €2.1 million initiative to replenish six Algarve beaches is now ongoing and almost ready for conclusion.

Sand has been replenished at the beaches of Praia do Carvoeiro, Benagil, Nova and Cova Redonda in Lagoa and Praia do Castelo and Coelha in Albufeira since August.

full article here  http://portugalresident.com/sand-delivered-to-six-algarve-beaches

Nunc bibendum est
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2014 at 16:30
This I assume is the Beast in question.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 115>
  Share Topic