Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 425426427428429 566>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2018 at 08:13
"Anyway, let's hope the Camara have taken heed of this weather warning and made sure the the drains have been cleaned out."

None of the roadside ditches and drains have been cleared. Water was cascading down the road into the town yesterday evening. No word of any flooding though. It was a very wet and windy night, but I think the main body of rain has passed for the while. It's raining lightly just now, and it is warm rain. Temperature at 0810am is 15.2ºC. It is still very windy. There are some scattered showers on the radar heading in our general direction for the next few hours.

No big change in the situation is expected until the middle of next week. Rain, rain, with little if any sun. Temperatures 17'C or so daytime, 9 to 11 at night.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2018 at 09:09
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

None of the roadside ditches and drains have been cleared. Water was cascading down the road into the town yesterday evening.

Meanwhile, only last Thursday & Friday they were repairing the steep sandy track that leads down to Golfinhos on Falesia - filling all the ruts and rather deep holes where the sand gets washed away during the winter.
Now they don't normally do that until April or May but there they were, several men with shovels, a JCB and umpteen lorry loads of sand.
Fruitless exercise because it'll all be gone again now and will need doing again before the summer.
Presumably they either didn't see what was coming or they did and just ignored it.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2018 at 10:18
Only flooding I know of was down at the Inatel yesterday.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2018 at 10:15
Another wild, wet and windy night has passed. It's not actually raining now but is still very windy and the skies are very dark. Temperature at 1010am is 16.2ºC.

The radar show a few showers around and a large mass of rain about 150km  to the south west tracking towards the north east. It may miss us but we still get one or two of the showers.

The strong wind will be with us over the weekend but it looks like showers rather than prolonged spells of rain to go with it. Temperatures in the daytime around the 17 or 18 mark. Night-time 10 or 11.

The outlook for next week hasn't changed. Wind and rain with us right through until Friday.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2018 at 09:08
It's a very grey, murky and damp start to the day. Temperature at 0900 is 15.0ºC, there is a light wind. The murk and gloom will probably be around all day. We not expecting more than the odd light shower until this afternoon, but longer periods of rain are likely later in the day., through the night and into tomorrow, possibly all day tomorrow.

For Monday, showers with some sunny intervals, the rest of the week it's going to be rain on and off every day with temperatures no higher than 17 or 18 in the daytime, 9 or 10 at night.
Albufeira Resident

Poundsix View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2018 at 09:41
You seem to have got off quite lightly in Albufeira. The reports of a tornado in Faro and Praia da Rocha's beach bar being destroyed, make pretty scary reading!

http://portugalresident.com/waves-pound-algarve-beaches-%E2%80%9Ccompletely-destroying-famous-bar%E2%80%9D-as-bad-weather-set-to-continue
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2018 at 15:19
What's happened to our weather Guru (Cubsur/Tom ).
Loving it in the sun

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2018 at 17:14
Site was off line and I was out today from before 9am. Anyway it is grey and  gloomy, occasional light showers, temperature at 1715hrs is 14.1ºC.

Normal service will be resumed on Wednesday.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2018 at 10:48
A bright sunny morning, shock, horror, a real contrast to most of the past fortnight or so.  There is some high cloud though and it is quite windy still. Temperature at 1045asm is 13.4ºC. We could have as many as 18ºC but don't celebrate too much. A vast mass of rain is coming from the west, we are going to be under that at some point late this afternoon and possibly for quite a while.

Tonight is going to be cold, somewhere between 6 and 8ºC, and quite likely still raining.

That rain will last into tomorrow morning, then we expect some half decent sun with a few clouds for the rest of the day, Then there's more rain coming for Friday and all over the weekend.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2018 at 13:13
Just had a walk down Olhos. Was warmish when we left but by the time we got there it was damn cold.
Never seen so few people about, mind you not many places were open, only 2 or 3 and they were pretty much empty.
A lot of the beach has gone leaving a very large area of flat rock which goes right up to the wall along the back.
There is sand from roughly where the toilets are to where the boats are pulled up but the rest is just rock now.
The steps/ramp down onto the beach has also gone with just a few posts remaining.
La Cigale has had to reinforce the sea side of their restaurant with a wall of very large rocks.
There's a new Indian restaurant half way up the hill, next door but one to Ambrosia & Nectar.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2018 at 17:17
Weather update 1715hrs Wednesday. It has been raining hard since 1500, wind blowing and it is cold icy rain. Been at the Women's Cup game this afternoon, proper football weather it was. No immediate respite in sight,  I am staying in the bar for a while!
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2018 at 19:22
19.15 and it's still hammering down - are you stil in that bar Tom?
You might have a long wait. Still there's worse places to spend the night Smile
This weather is rapidly becomming a pain in the ass and I never thought I would say that about Portugal.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2018 at 19:38
Coming over tomorrow. Weather not looking great but it'll be warm. I'll be glad to get away from the remnants of snow. Not sure about the Arte Bar quiz tomorrow night. Very little indoor seating.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2018 at 22:13
Forecasts are saying a week Fri/Sat before the rain desists.
I think for those of us who visit at these times, ie, out of the four main summer months, this can happen.
We had a week in January and it was unseasonably hot, 25 yes 25, one afternoon and not a drop of rain during our visit.
Similarly, we’ve been out many October half terms and experienced both extremes, one year glorious swimming weather with zero rain, others 24 hour rain for seven days. Sometimes you hit very lucky, sometimes very unlucky, and of course anything in between.
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2018 at 07:26
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

Forecasts are saying a week Fri/Sat before the rain desists,,,,,,,

Hopefully you are correct Andrew. That give us a week's buffer before we arrive two weeks on Saturday 😁
Colin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 425426427428429 566>
  Share Topic